Hey hey hey!
Hello sweeties! I just wanted to share my current mani with you along with a tutorial on how to do it.
I hadn't done a gradient in a while so I thought I'd give it a go.
The colours I used were: The Face Shop BL601, Hits Specialita Mint, and LACCBEAUTY 1977. I also added a glitter gradient on the tips with Shimmer Polish Jenny, a light cyan blue glitter polish and Jasmine, a teal green and gold glitter polish. My accent nail is Color Club Harp On It, with Shimmer Polish Alice, a silver holographic glitter polish.
1. Paint nail completely with lightest colour. In my mani, that was the light blue The Face Shop polish. Top with fast drying top coat.
2. Paint one line with lightest colour on sponge. Then a line of the next lightest colour. Followed by a line of the darkest colour. Don't over do it with the application. The trick is to apply multiple light layers of polish on the nail
3. Dab the sponge on the nail. You can either do it with the dark part on the top or the light part on top.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3. Again, the trick to getting the colours to look like they are blending into each other is to apply a few light layers of polish on the nail rather than a single thick layer.
5. Once you are satisfied with the appearance of the gradient, wait 30 seconds and apply a top coat while it is a little sticky. If you had applied light layers of polish, it will dry pretty quickly. The top coat will help smooth it all out.
Optional: if you want some additional bling to this mani, you can add some glitter polish to the tips of your nail. And if you want even more specialness, you can apply a silver polish on one nail and sponge on a heart using tape with a heart shape cut out of it as a guide.
If you would like a pictorial on this, let me know!
Happy painting, love bugs! xoxo