Sunday, April 06, 2014

Layered Heart Design featuring LaCC 1977

Happy Sunday Funday!

I was looking at my nail polish rack the other day and realized I hadn't used my LaCC 1977 in a while and it's one of my favourite polishes. I decided I had to do a mani with it and even a tutorial video for Instagram to show it off. More information on LaCC products can be found on the website: www.laccbeauty.com


LaCC's 1977 is a beautiful light teal (blue-green) creme that has the most wonderful application. The brush is wider to allow for easy application in almost one stroke if you're careful. 


Here is a quick tutorial for the layered heart. A trick I use for making the perfect symmetrical heart is I take a piece of tape, fold it in half and cut out half a heart shape. When you unfold the tape, you'll be left with a perfect heart cut out which you can apply to your nail as a stencil. Make sure the base polish is completely dry before applying the tape. I have a video tutorial on my Instagram page.

La Couleur Couture or LaCC for short, is an independent nail polish brand that uses high quality ingredients that are non-toxic, vegan friendly, and cruelty free. Their products are breathable and have a protective UV inhibitor to protect it from degradation by UV light. LaCC is 5-free so it does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, DBP, toluene, or camphor, which are the most toxic chemicals sometimes found in nail polish. 

The founder of LaCC is Farima Hakkak, a young female entrepreneur with an eye for fashion as well as a heart of gold. She works to inspire young women to go out and achieve their goals. The logo for LaCC represents this with a set of wings, which symbolize freedom, inspiration, and hope.

They have some beautiful colours in their palate already but will be adding a few more for the Spring/Summer collection which will be released for sale in May 2014.

This is press shot of 1992, a peachy pink nude creme. It is light and feminine and makes for the perfect work polish.

This next one is 1969, a pastel pistachio green creme which is fun and flirty and would compliment any Spring/Summer ensemble.

The third polish is 1997, a light lavender with slightly gray undertones. I love a good purple polish and LaCC has made some of my favourite shades of purple. This one looks like it will join my list of favourite purples!

La Couleur Couture is a top quality brand that provides beautifully formulated polishes. They have paid so much attention to detail to make the perfect polish. The brush handle is long and easy to hold, the wider brush allows for great application, and the creamy formula allows for the smoothest application. I highly recommend this brand, not only because the colours are beautiful, but because they are free of harsh chemicals and are a socially conscious.








No comments:

Post a Comment