Today I want to share with you a quick and easy technique to make a camouflage design on your nails.
I did mine with shades of pink for a fun, girly camouflage but you can also use traditional camouflage colours: dark green, brown and light green.
1. You will need 3 shades of pink: light, medium and dark pink. I used Essie Pink Pout, The Face Shop PK101, and PK102. You will also need a dotting tool. You can purchase dotting tools on eBay, amazon, or winstonia online stores. You can also use an end of a bobby pin, pen, toothpick or pin head.
2. Start by painting your entire nail with the lightest pink colour.
3. Apply a blob of the darkest pink on a piece of wax paper or tin foil. Dab the dotting tool in the polish.
4. Use the dotting tool to make some abstract blob, circle or oval shapes over several sections of the nail.
5. Wipe off the excess of polish from the dotting tool. Apply the next pink polish on the wax paper and dab some onto the dotting tool.
6. Go over the initial blobs with spaces in between.
7. Use a smaller dotting tool to apply small dots in the empty light pink spaces with the pink used in steps 5-6.
8. Wait for the nail to dry and apply a top coat to seal in the design.
If you want to do this with the traditional camo colours, apply the light green as the base and use the dark green and brown as the blobs.
This is a quick and easy design that is eye catching and versatile.
Tag your recreations on Instagram to #shaycheckmynails so I can see them!